Tuesday, July 29, 2008

What I'm working on now


Kwik-Sew 3155

I've once again taken up walks in the nearby state park. It is five miles all the way around, and approximately another 1/2 mile total walking to and from my car. As a result, I am in dire need of cute, comfy pants and shorts for this activity.
Last night I whipped up View B (shorts only) in a pre-shrunk candy pink french terry. I lengthened the pattern pieces by 1 1/2" for my 5'9" frame and the length is just right. I figured they would be a little roomy, so I made a slight size adjustment but once completed, they ended up being too big. Not a bad problem to have, though. In order to salvage them, I will have to take in up to two inches in the crotch seam. I really like the shorts so I will cut the pattern down to the next smaller size. While I'm at it, I will make up the matching short sleeved, hooded top. Pics to come.

No comments: