Monday, September 1, 2008

Getting Organized

Whew! I've spent the last hour organizing my fabrics and I'm still not done. I'm putting all my warm weather fabrics away and out of sight until I have a need to sew for those seasons. I don't know why I never thought of doing this before. How nice it is to have all my fall/winter fabrics in one organized location. I can now see at a glance what I have on hand.

This organization effort came about as I was searching for a red cotton with white pin dots that I wanted to use for lining a craft tote. I'm using McCall's 5238, View B out of a denim embroidered with red roses and a plain denim for the contrast. The red cotton would be perfect for the lining as it would coordinate well with the exterior and provide a less slippery option than traditional lining fabric. This tote will be used for current crochet projects. I did not find the fabric in question, but its counterparts are now living in an orderly fashion.

No comments: